Total Pageviews

Saturday, October 26, 2013

Texas State Homecoming 5k

Well today I had my first 5k back in about 4 months of just training, Overall it went really well. I finished with an 18:01 (5:48min/mile) which isn't bad at all considering how incredible the hills here are. I did learn a lesson in my race today though. ALWAYS DOUBLE KNOT YOUR RACING SHOES! At about 2 miles in I noticed my shoe had come untied and I figured that I had a big enough lead to stop and try to tie it.. bad idea. I panicked and couldn't get the shoe tied, the guy in second place behind me made up a lot of ground and I lost all of the momentum I had right before I was about to go up one of the many hills. In the end it proved to be enough that I couldn't catch the guy who passed me. But that's how you learn right? I had a lot of fun, and raised some money for our school's homecoming! Overall I got second place and I won my age group which is always nice. It was a pretty small 5k so they didn't give out medals but I am supposed to get a prize and certificate in the mail so I'll try and post a picture when I get it. After the race I met a guy who had recently graduated from Texas State who was on the cross country team and had some good words of advice for me as far as training goes, he posted some pretty amazing times so I'm sure he knows what he's talking about. Anyways now it's time to start training for my next race which I believe will be on November 9th here in San Marcos. I hope y'all enjoyed the race report and be sure to give me feedback or send me a comment on any questions you have or anything you'd like me to include in the next one. Have a good one y'all!

Results!


No comments:

Post a Comment